Monday 23 June 2008

Chocolate Testing

#1: "3 Muskateers"

- First Impressions: This claims to have a "Whipped up, Fluffy Chocolate-on-Chocolate Taste", and sells itself on being a "lighter" option (with 45% less fat than the average leading chocolate brand, etc etc).

- Findings: From the picture on the front, I was expecting it to be pretty much identical to the English Milky Way bar (light and fluffy, etc). In a way, I was right. But, this is American, and I would say that it is certainly not a "light" option snack. It's like Milky Way on steroids.

-Observations: There were two bars in the wrapper, and I could only just finish one.




#2: "Butterfinger Crisp"


- First Impressions: This thing is a wafery chocolate bar, I'm sure there's an English equivalent but I can't think of one (its nothing like kit-kat, it's softer).

-Findings: It was very nice, especially the first bite. I thought "yummm" as it melted in my mouth. But after the second bite it started to become just as sickly as the 3 Muskateers bar, and I gave up less than a quarter of the way in.

-Observations: I noticed that the sweet goo between the wafer was orange coloured, although not orange flavoured. Interesting. Also, one small bar (only 50 grams!) contains 45% of your recommended daily allowance of fat. Nice.





That's all I could handle this afternoon folks! (And I am usually capable of eating a truckload of chocolate at once, though this IS America, and this IS American chocolate...)

Watch out for the rest later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DarthRyan89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Curly said...

Mmm...they look interesting...not sure that they are worthy enough to travel all the back to the UK though...keep on hunting for the perfect chocolate! XXX

Anonymous said...

Nice...

No offence to the Americans, but their chocolate is nowhere near the quality of chocolate here :P

Keep updating: I love to hear your news :D If anything amazing/ interesting happens over here (like the Australian who's selling his life on EBay) I'll keep you posted :D

In other news, Bex, I found the maps of Andalucia and the guidebook :D

DarthRyan89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.