Monday 23 June 2008

Another update!

Today I didn't do that much because I caught up on a lot of sleep (i.e. I stayed in bed really late). Fran had to go out and do something for work, so Jack took me out for lunch at Subway. It's true what they say about America, EVERYTHING is drive-thru. All the fast food places are; there are drive-thru sandwich places, there are even drive-thru espresso places EVERYWHERE, even in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, I bought a big selection of American chocolate/snack food to test out. It was over $10 worth so I actually had to explain to the lady in the shop that I wasn't just being a piggy, but that I was English, and it was purely for cultural cuisine research purposes. I will be photographing each one along with my verdict, so watch out for that soon :-) (Also, the ones I like are the ones I will be buying more of to bring back for guys back home, especially my mum!)

After our lunch we had a little drive around to see some of the local sights (fishing spots, kooky local buildings, bashed up ancient cars, etc) and this is what I found!!!! Not a moose, but still awesome:



A reindeer farm! ^_^

(PS: Calm down guys! I have only seen one moose so far and they're not always around in the summer! I might not see one for a while, but if I do, I'll be sure to post a picture :-)

2 comments:

Curly said...

I like the reindeer farm!

DarthRyan89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.