Wednesday 25 June 2008

We interrupt this chocolate broadcast...

Unfortunately the testing went wrong when a terrible "incident" occured. The next two chocolate bars on my research list were uncontrollably tasty in comparison with their predecessors, and they were consumed instantly. R.I.P Hershey's "Whatchamacallit" and "Skor" bars. (Oh, and I ate all the donuts I was going to review too)

However, do not fear, my friends, the chocolate research will continue at some point, I am here for three months and there are entire Wal-Marts full of tasty snacks for me to try.
Meanwhile, it was a sunny day yesterday, so Jack took me out for a drive when he came home from work, so we could see the mountains, and also so we could have something to eat (after I ate the Whatchamacallit bar and the Skor bar and the donuts, I forgot to have lunch). Some views:

Anyway, on our drive we looked out for a store to buy a sandwich for me. We stopped at this kooky, tiny store - one of those places that's in the middle of no-where, that has just one gas pump outside. But it was such a small store they didn't have sandwiches, so we carried on driving. Then, we saw this place:

Looked just about right for food! So we went in to the store, and a big fat friendly lady shooed us into the (empty) cafe, which looked like this:

They were extremely friendly there. The young guy who served us was sort of cute because he looked like Elijah Wood. But then I noticed his shirt said "World's Greatest Dad" so that put me off. Anyway, the food was so cheap. In fact, everything is cheap here compared to England (at least, it is cheap when you're using money earnt back home) Things look like they're the same price as they would be in the UK, but then you realise there's a dollar sign. I mean, a Subway in England costs about £4. Here, it's about $4. That's pretty much half!

So this place had hamburgers and other such meals for about $5. We were both hungry so we ordered. I ordered a "child size" hamburger because the other choices sounded too big for me. Can I just repeat that: CHILD SIZE. SIZED FOR CHILDREN. Here is what they call "Child Size":

O. M. G... Anyway, this hugely fat guy toddled in, and I could tell right away that he's a real redneck type. He had this drawling accent and he seemed to just reek of low intelligence. (In a good way) He didn't actually want to order, he was just waiting for his son to buy some ice cream, I think. When the guy asked him if he wanted to order, he just goes "Naaah! Ah jus' wanna watch this here gal eat thayut burger!" (Sorry, I couldn't sneak a picture of him)

Well, I finished a lot of the meal, considering its little ol' me. They gave us a "to-go" box to take home what we left (Jack and I both left tonnes of these chips).

So that was yesterday!
(Oh yeah, and Jack had reindeer sausage in his meal! Yeeugh!)

3 comments:

DarthRyan89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DarthRyan89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Curly said...

You look beautiful in that pic!
Cafe looks fun, but Jack...you really really should not eat Rudolph!