Wednesday 10 December 2008

A very important observation on life.

Okay, I know I was gonna follow up on the whole stupid idea thing, but it was a stupid idea, so forget it, because I have just made a weird observation which MUST be written down before I forget about this amazing development in culinary philosophy.

You know when you're about to finish a packet of crisps or a biscuit, and when you go to eat the last bit, you realise you already ate it? And you get that weird empty feeling because you were expecting more?

Well it happens nearly every single time I absent mindedly eat a jaffa cake. Weird. Perhaps it's because they're so deliciously light, or because they only contain one gram of fat (that is why they are recommended by sports nutritionists!), but every time I eat one, I start looking around for the other half of it. It's kind of like when you get a leg amputated and then you feel a phantom leg for years afterwards.

I feel like I have a load of phantom jaffa cake halves haunting me. What's with that? Am I the only one that gets this problem? Also, it's so easy to eat a whole pack in one go without realising!

My final observation is that while I have been spending hours and hours struggling over what to write in an essay before writing only a hundred or so words - I can somehow write 200 words about jaffa cakes in less than two minutes. Writers block can therefore be cured by jaffa cakes (but only if you want to write about snack food).

Maybe I should be a junk food critic!

No comments: