Tuesday 30 December 2008

Nearing the end


Well here we are... It's nearly the end of 2008. Now is the time I should probably reflect on the year.

I guess it hasn't been a totally sucky year. Wait, that is still pretty negative. It's been a pretty good year, in many (but not all) aspects. There, that's as positive as I get!

Well it has been pretty good. I managed to get to France, Spain, Alaska and Canada, which is awesome. And I doubt I'll be able to afford a single holiday in 2009, or even for a few years now, so it's probably good that I managed to get out of England a bit this year.

Top three awesome things that happened this year:

1) Finishing my A-levels and getting into Sussex (even if I'd have liked to get one more A...)

2) Two months in Alaska... cold but amazingly, stunningly beautiful. I miss the mountains :-(

3) Leaving home and starting uni! I know I chose the wrong course... but it has still been awesome and I also have the best next-door neighbour ever.

Not worthy of a list, non-awesome things that happened this year include my gran and aunt's car accident, being really poor all the time, and not getting out of a horrible relationship sooner.

But next year there's plenty to look forward to! (When you ignore the whole being-totally-poor thing)

1) Lost Season 5. Okay, so you make think I'm lame for having this as a priority. But I can't help it, I'm addicted, and it's so close now!

2) Starting a new course - yeah Philosophy is not gonna be easy, especially after missing a term, but I'm looking forward to studying something I'm actually interested in again.

3) Later on in the year, getting a flat in Brighton! Woo! (If I manage find someone who actually wants to share with me *sob*)

4) ....Hmm, I've run out. Maybe I'm not in such an optimistic mood today. Usually I have tonnes to look forward to.

Oh well, that just leaves me with my favourite list, which is New Year's Resolutions! They're fun because they make you feel like you've made a conscious effort to improve yourself, while later in the year you can look back and laugh at how naive you were! No really, I do actually enjoy making new years resolutions. Making being the key word...not the keeping.

So here it is, in no particular order apart from what comes into my head:

Bekah's amazing New Year's Resolutions for 2009!

1) Keep my room tidy - this one is the same every year. But this time I really mean it!

2) Study harder at uni - try not to get below 60% in assignments, and don't miss classes.

3) Don't spend money on crap (this should be easy since you now have NO money anyway)

4) Get a job and try and save for some kind of holiday in 2009

5) Try and be more slightly more friendly and outgoing instead of enigmatic and weird out of sheer laziness

6) Grow my hair (and possibly try and keep it one colour for a while)

7) Keep practicing guitar, , which comes under being more creative in general.

8) Don't stay up past midnight if I have lectures the next day

9) Don't stay in bed past 12pm

10) And at number 10, the bonus resolution for 2009 - suggested by Leigh - is to cuddle Leigh. (Well I had to have one easy one on here!)

Mainly though, I thought I should at least match the amount of effort I put in at uni to the huge amount of money it's costing me...

And that's my resolutions 09. If I think of any more important ones I've forgotten, I'll add later.

Goodbye 2008. You were okay at first but you gradually got crap Like, what's with all the economical downturn shit? I mean, apart from the whole Obama becoming president thing, you haven't given the world much to look forward to in 2009 - the last year of the "noughties". But lets just see what happens, shall we? Who knows, we might even reverse global warming or halt world poverty. But I doubt it.

See you on the other side, everyone!

No comments: