Sunday 9 November 2008

This is (just one of the reasons) why I love Brighton

Hey hey,

Had a bit of a mad weekend as usual - far too much to drink on Friday night and also had Eilidh the wee scot (as she is now officially titled) to visit. Went into Brighton to drop her off at the station today, and thought I'd bring my camera out with me - something I've been meaning to do more often. I'm no photographer but after taking pictures nonstop of everything and anything interesting for two months in Alaska this summer, I've started to see all sorts of funny little things in life that I'd like to have a picture memory of - so I'm vowing to try and keep my camera with me at all times from now on.

It was such a cold and dismal autumn day, and after dropping Eilidh off at the train station I was all alone, but somehow Brighton lent me its cheer and I had a nice hour or so just enjoying the Brighton atmosphere.

As I walked down from the station, shivering with my hands in my pockets, I began to hear drums. You never know where they're coming from in a busy street like that - the beat seems to reverberate off of every building so that you can never quite follow the direction of the sound. Walking further, it turned into a song (something by The Beatles) and I discovered the source; a quirky little band playing Beatles and other old 60s covers.

Opposite the band, on the other side of the pedestrianised road, there stood a tantalis ingly tasty-smelling hot chesnut stall, and beside that, Choccywoccydoodah. I really love the feel of Brighton on a day like that - everyone is cold but they still stop to eat hot food and listen to some music.
















I honestly can't believe some of the chocolatey creations they come up with in Choccywoccydoodah. Those guys are artists.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone wants to know what to get me for Christmas, I'd like the entire contents of Choccywoccydoodah, please. (It's not too extravagant to ask for, they only charge about £3000 for some of their larger sculptures!)

On my way back through campus I took this picture, just for the colours:


Now that's just me trying to see the good side of autumn, while combatting S.A.D and rushing home in the freezing cold at four o' clock - to get back before it gets dark at four thirty!

No comments: