Friday 7 November 2008

So...

Elections and shit. Nice.

You know what? I was going to talk about the election but since it indirectly lead to a large amount of sleep deprivation which I'm only just catching up with, I feel I've already devoted enough energy toward it. Besides, this isn't a political blog - there are enough of those already! Lewes bonfire night was pretty awesome, even if I was only running on Snickers bars and caffeine at the time.

After a few days of irregular sleep and overdue a bath, I felt disgusting this morning. I had to go out to another of these psychological experiments I've signed up for with the psych lab - you get paid for them and they generally involve eating, which is always good. But this one is a breakfast study, breakfast means morning, morning means "mmmmmeeeerrrrrgh".

So I kinda got out of bed in a zombie-like state, put my clothes on over my pyjamas so it would be extra easy for me to just get straight back in bed after returning. My hair looked something like this:

So I just crammed it all into a hat. I didn't have any clean trousers so I just took a baggy old pair out of the wash, even though they had all sorts of crumbs over them.

At this point I could probably pass pretty well as a tramp. It was fine on the way there because I didn't see anyone I knew, and at the lab itself they treat you like lab rats so if you look like one it just improves your role. On the way back I did see a couple of people I knew, which meant I had temporarily had to pretend not to exist.

I got back, got another 3 hours of beauty sleep, had a bath, and now I'm fine :-) I've decided the vagabond lifestyle, look, and fragrance is not for me. Now I better get ready to go out and pick up Eilidh the wee scot for a night of vodka and fun.

Otherwise, not feeling very creative at this precise moment, but expect something soon :-) (I'm reading Kafka's The Metamorphosis as well as a philosophical book about Lost and Terry Pratchett's new novel too - a step back into reading always fuels my creativity.

I'm already seeing the effect that reading The Metamorphosis is having on my brain - last night I dreamt I had a baby and it started running around and crawling up the walls and ceiling like the Exorcist child. Damn you, Kafka.

Hasta la vista x x

No comments: