Wednesday 2 July 2008

Pretty places ^_^

So, on Sunday we went up to the cabin. It's beautiful! Fran and Jack own the reasonably large area of property around it, they even own half the lake it looks out to. The cabin itself is pretty bare and Jack hasn't finished insulating it, but we spent most of our time outside. Jack made hamburgers on the grill and I made a campfire with Fran. Somehow, food tastes better outdoors!
Here's a view of the cabin from the lake below, and that's me sitting by the fire ^_^

On Monday morning I stayed in while Fran and Jack were at work, and in the afternoon when they got home we went out for a drive back up to the mountains - the one we had dinner on when it was the solstice - but this time it was clearer so I could take better pictures of the valley:

On the way back down I saw a marmot! They're like ground squirrels, I think:

Cute or what? Here's some more information about them, it says they could potentially be the black death carriers!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmot

Yesterday Jack and I drove back out to the cabin to drop off a big tank of water for the weekend - we're staying there for the 4th July (but on our way we're going to drive through the mountains, hopefully I'll see a moose!) And yesterday evening Fran and I ate some sponge cake with glazed strawberries and fluff, so then we both felt bloated and stuffed, so we went out for a walk around the corner to the lake. I stitched together three of the pictures I took (I didnt do it very well, you can see the lines) but you get the idea how pretty the lake is:

It's pretty much a one minute from Fran's house. And that photo was taken at 11pm at night, believe it or not! I told you it's always light! In fact, most of my pictures were taken in the night, but you wouldn't guess it!

When I've been at home in the morning I've been reading and stuff, and I also have Scrapper - their cat - to keep me company. Now I know why they say curiosity killed the cat. In my room, she's always nosing through Fran's stacks of junk and trying to get into the wardrobes. This is what she looks like (she's stuck in between stacks of pictures and frames):


And this is what she looks like when I'm looking for the trousers I was planning on wearing that day:

Anyway, she's okay but she's nowhere near as fun as a dog. I miss Moby and Maisy!

Sorry today's blog post wasn't very interesting :-) I'm not feeling very creative today! I'll leave you with another Alaska photo...

Yup, its from the Simpsons movie! Here, it really is as prettyful as Homer's poster ^_^

1 comment:

DarthRyan89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.