Friday 4 July 2008

Bugs - I hate 'em!

Did I mention that this place is just infested by mosquitos and other biting bugs?

Even if you wear gallons of bug spray, you still get bitten two or three times. I've been having a bad reaction to blackfly bites, but not as bad as this reaction when one bit my eye:


I can't even open my eye! You can't see so well from the photo but it is swollen up like a big red water balloon. Now I only have one eye left. If one gets me on the other eye, I'll be blind!

Hopefully the swelling will go down soon. I took some antihistamine tablets and if that doesn't work I'll try some antibiotics.


Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Curly said...

That looks nasty :-O

Curly said...

Couple of Alaska mozzy jokes to cheer you up!

two mosquito landed on a guy up on Alaska, looked at each other and one said, "should we eat him here?" "yeah, if we try and take him with us, the big ones may get us!"
Also there is a story about the mosquito that landed at an air base up there and the ground crew pumped 100 gallons of jet fuel into him before they realized he wasn't a B-52!

DarthRyan89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wicked Auntie said...

Loving your blog, Bex. Sooooooooo jealous of you, except the eye of course. A bit worried about the bears though. Take care, love you x x x