Sunday 20 July 2008

Back in 2 weeks - going to Canada...

First I shall start today's blog with these three adorable pictures of Alaska's favourite doggie - the husky. These ones are miniature husky puppies! I saw them on the way out to dinner, they are soooo adorable. I had to stop to talk to the owners and ask them if I could take photos!


Anyway, I'll tell you about yesterday. We went on a drive called "Hatcher Pass", which is a pass through the mountains - it's a rough road and its only open in the summer.... But it's beautiful! It takes at least an hour to drive through it because the road is so rough. So here are the photos:


I also saw another marmot, this time on top of a rock. It kept standing up as if it was posing for me - and I got loads of snaps of it :-) But this one was the funniest, I think he was in the middle of making a funny noise, but he looks like an angry old man:

Well, that's it for today's news, I was mainly writing today to explain what I'm doing in the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow I'm leaving to go to the Yukon in Canada for a week, where I'll be camping at the site with a group of other students, and working on an archaeological excavation. On the way there we'll be passing glaciers and going through the mountains.The next week, my aunt and uncle are driving up to join me, and they're taking me on a trip to Dawson city - an old gold rush town - we'll be camping there too, and then... we're going up to the Arctic Circle! I can't wait :-) It's going to be freezing though!

The following week we come back but I might be heading out again with Fran for another sightseeing trip to the National Park.

So I don't know when I'll be able to update my blog again - you won't be hearing from me in the next 2 weeks, but I will definitely be able to post again some time in the next 3 weeks.

See you soon :-)

3 comments:

Curly said...

Beautiful pictures! Have a safe journey and make the most of it!

Love,
Mummy XXXXX

Anonymous said...

hi darlin hope youre havin a great time,sounds like the time of your life.enjoy every moment.take loads of pictures.miss you.lots of love daddy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0 :I :) :¬ > :¬) :¬( :¬o

Anonymous said...

Did you see the eclipse in Canada?